West Tech Festival
Strategic Consultancy. Brand Development Event Management. Programme Planning. Speaker Sourcing. Sponsorship. Marketing. PR.
Partner/Client: Curtin University, Bill Tai, Larry Lopez
After three years of successful OzApp competitions, founders Curtin University, venture capitalist Bill Tai and Larry Lopez, now director at the Department of Innovation and Science, wanted to create something bigger for the region. Something that would capitalise on the success of the awards, generating even more of a magnet for tech businesses, investors, aspiring founders and students.
What we created
Together we developed the West Tech Fest or ‘WTF’. Incorporating the OzAPP Awards, the event is Asia-Pacific’s premier entrepreneurial-tech conference and pitching event for startups, powered by Curtin University.
Activities at the festival celebrate innovation and technology in Asia-Pacific. In 2015 a day at WTF could include a masterclass, networking events, student workshops and competitions, the Future Leaders bootcamp, dinners, and of course not forgetting the the OzApp Awards presentation. Our job was to curate, manage and promote West Tech Fest, sourcing speakers of the highest calibre, ensuring the event went off without a hitch and attracting delegates from all over the world.
“Awaiting quote from Rohan”
Rohan McDougall, Curtin University
Results and facts
- 350 visitors in 2015
- High profile speakers every year including Bill Tai, Lars Rasmussen, Dr Ernesto Sirolli,
- 100 students took part in the Student Tech Fest in 2015
- Sponsorship from brands such as Qualcomm Ventures, Silicon Valley Bank, Amazon Webservices and Rackspace
- Over a million website hits in the run up to and during WTF 2015
- Event partners such as Spacecubed, City of Perth, Techboard, US Consulate Perth and the Australian Computer Society